AAEX members meet more or less regularly every 2 weeks. The usual meeting date is Wednesday, 7pm, but we are flexible when needed and recently started adding morning gatherings, which are better suited for some members.
Gatherings are sometimes of a social nature or we meet for exhibition openings, often for our own members or other local artists, but mostly we meet in the Creative Spark print studio to “get our hands dirty”.
Hands-on gatherings are often of a skills-exchange nature, with somebody hosting a demonstration or workshop. But at times we also meet to produce something together, or even just bring in our own projects and work alongside each other.
Activities so far included (amongst others):
- Collaborative drawing
- Paper-cut screen printing
- Screen printing using acetates and hand drawn designs
- Lino cuts
- Mono printing
- Stencil cutting for spray painting
- Digital design: vector graphics, Photoshop, colour separations,…
- Wood cuts
- Photo polymer etching
- Postcard printing
- Making artist books
- Large scratch card preparations
- Zine making